Hotels and Christmas buffet in New York?

charles.c

Hotels and Christmas buffet in New York?

Postby charles.c » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:41 am

Hello there
I’ve seen the some fabulous list about where to eat on Christmas Day, but I wondered if anyone could tell me if any of the bigger hotels (or other locations) do a buffet or family style meals? I’ve searched around and perhaps I’m looking too early, but can’t seem to find anything.
Appreciate any advice
Thanks Charles

bobsquash

Re: Hotels and Christmas buffet in New York?

Postby bobsquash » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:26 pm

Buffets are not very popular around here. Years ago several hotels did them...among them, the Warwick hotel restaurant used to do a good place for a buffet but not anymore. The Waldorf did one but is now closed. Bottom line, I’m not aware of any. Sorry

dandy.joe

Postby dandy.joe » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:28 pm

Buffets are not a thing in NYC these days. Most people prefer freshly cooked food - not things that have been sitting on a steam table for long. Nor is family type service very common.

bluenile

Postby bluenile » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:27 pm

If you are really determined on a buffet, you might Google churrascarias in New York City. These are Brazilian steakhouses where various meats on a skewer are serverd & the rest of the meal is buffet. I am not sure how Christmassy it would be or even if there is any in NYC but you might try.

Return to “United States of America”