Day trip to Seattle

chloebo

Day trip to Seattle

Postby chloebo » Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:09 pm

Hello. I’m visiting Seattle for the first time in my life this weekend. Featuring 4 days with an Airbnb in downtown. My trip plan is mostly focusing on the city, breweries, and good foods due to the weather in November. I originally wanted to go to Mt Rainier but it came to my realization that it’d be very difficult due to the snow and road conditions. I’d love to be able to get out of the city for a little and see nature. Can you let me have your thoughts on some ideas I’m considering?

1) Snoqualmie Falls and Woodinville for wine-tasting

2) Hama Hama Oysters and the surrounding hiking trails like Rocky Brooks Trail.

3) Ferry to Bainbridge Island and exploring that area

I’m going with 3 other people and I’m planning on renting a car. Our interests are trying new foods, seafood, beers, wine, and of course the nature. Not afraid to go off the grid.

theyamsarecoming
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Re: Day trip to Seattle

Postby theyamsarecoming » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:08 pm

Consider making a loop through Whidbey Island instead.
Drive North on I-5 to Mt. Vernon and then over to Deception Pass Bridge/Whidbey Island. Explore the state parks on the Island and the cafes in Coupeville or Langley. Then end up at Clinton where you will be able to take the ferry back across to Mukilteo.
I think Bainbridge is way too tame for your interests (as you stated).
Hama Hama and Hood Canal are going to be pretty quiet these days..
Snoqualmie Falls and Woodinville could be fun.
The Yams are Coming!!!

Return to “United States of America”