How many planes are in the air each day?

We are constantly asked all sorts of questions about flight durations and experiences, so we thought that it was about time we had a place for people to ask questions and share answers. You can ask anything here, from “how long does it take to fly from London to Paris?” to querying how a plane wing’s aerodynamics can keep it in the air. There are no stupid questions and there is someone here that will be able to help you. We hope that by providing a space for all flight related questions we might create a single large community for those simply worried about flights, interested in aeroplanes or planning their next exploration with other members.
aurelius

How many planes are in the air each day?

Postby aurelius » Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:32 am

Im assuming its in the thousands but does anyone have a better idea or somewhere that would tell me?

flightstats

Re: How many planes are in the air each day?

Postby flightstats » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:59 am

Just thought Id join to add some info in here. I recently did a course work on flight stats and data so I have some insight into the answer for this one. There is roughly 100k flights a day across the world.

You can get some really great info from this site

Hope this helps? Also this site is great at following flights etc.

flightdurations
Site Admin

Re: How many planes are in the air each day?

Postby flightdurations » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:27 am

Really great website, I've been using it for many years now. Its interesting finding a plane that is about to land then viewing in the cockpit mode

Return to “Flight Durations Commonly Asked Questions”